So you are in your computer goofing off and you just deleted your last picture of your dog who passed away about 5 years ago! Or worse your paper that was due in school or your file you needed for your BIG presentation tomorrow, that if you don’t give you wont be getting that huge corner office! Don’t worry I am here to help. Most images, and documents alike are imprinted on your hard drive. So if you meant to delete something because well you didnt want anyone to see it someone could because it could still be in your hard drive.
Let’s see if we can find it. Ok first and foremost did you look in your recycle bin/trash icon on your computer?? On a computer when you delete something the recycle bin/trash is there to catch it so it wont go anywhere until you decide to empty it.Check there if it is there simply click on it, then click restore. That will put the file back where it was. Ok if it was not there then let’s dig a whole lot deeper.
At the point in time you deleted your prize file or pic stop immediately what you are doing. When you delete a file it is still there just your computer says hey a free space and so if you save anything it may get written over. And well it will be gone forever. The next step in recovery is finding the correct recovery program. For Windows (7, 2000, XP, NT, 2003, Vista) has quite a few options to recover “deleted by mistake” files. So check online for free file recovery programs. For other types you can use the command prompt and type in Photorec. It will let you recover files, photos, and anything else you deleted.
Ok so now recover your files. You want to scan your hard drive for lost file or file. Upon the completion of the scan a screen will pop up with a list of files once you fine what you are looking for right click and save it. If you completed all of this try using a different platform it may not always work but give it a try.
- Support NTFS and FAT32 volumes.
- Support removable devices.
- Support large size hard drives.
- Support localized and long filenames.
- Support IDE / SATA / SCSI / ATA hard disk drives.
- Support external ZIP drives and USB hard drives.
- Support Windows 7, 2000, XP, NT, 2003, Vista.
- Recover files deleted from the Recycle Bin.
- Recover files from deleted, damaged, formatted or reformatted partitions.
- Recover office document, photo, image, video, music, database, etc.
- Ability to resume last scan result.
- Ability to preview image and ASCII data.
- Easy-to-use interface. No special skill required.
- Is a read-only utility that does not damage data on the media in any way.
- No temporary files and no virtual memory, try to protect original data from being destroyed.